News - Barmy News
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter of this competition is Barmy Army Limited, 101 Green Street, Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex, TW16 6RD.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is free and open to UK residents only, aged over 18 years.
4. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
5. The promotion commences 15th December 2016 and closes on 28th February 2017 at 23:59 (GMT)
6. Entrants can only enter in their own name. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. Entrants may enter at Waterloo Station on 15th December or on-line at www.barmyarmy.com.
7. The winner will be selected at random and notified by phone and email with 48 hours of the prize draw. Their name may be published on www.barmyarmy.com and via the promoters social networks. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) entries.
8. The winning eligible entry will win:
a. Return economy international flights with Qantas to Adelaide from London Heathrow
b. Return airport transfers in Adelaide
c. Accommodation for the duration of the trip, including 6 nights in Adelaide
d. Reserved seating for 2 people at Adelaide Oval for all Test matches
e. 2-day tour to Kangaroo Island including transfers from/to Adelaide, all touring, most meals and accommodation.
9. Flight tickets and land prizes are non-negotiable and subject to availability. Flight routing is London to Adelaide in economy class. The winners must accept the whole prize and may only fly with the Qantas flights offered as part of the prize. All winners will fly to/from Adelaide in accordance with the Ashes Test dates scheduled in Adelaide. All flight dates and times are at the discretion of the Promoter.
10. It is the responsibility of prize winners to ensure compliance with government regulations for the application of an Australian Holiday Visa.
11. The prize is non-transferable or refundable. If the winners are unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner at their discretion.
12. The winner must confirm acceptance of the prize within 14 days of the prize being offered. The flight booking must be completed within two months of acceptance of the prize (30th April 2016) or possible forfeit of prize may be incurred.
13. No cash or credit alternatives will be offered. Frequent flyer credit does not apply to this transportation.
14. Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winnerâs responsibility to pay.
15. The winner is responsible for getting to the departure airport, London Heathrow, in time for security checks and the check-in procedures on the day of departure. Travel costs to/from Heathrow Airport are at own expense.
16. Reservations / Ticketing - Reservations may not be confirmed earlier than 30 days before departure. Tickets must be issued within 14 days after reservations are made. Waitlist is not permitted.
17. The prize does not include travel insurance, passports, meals/beverages (unless otherwise stated), any applicable taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation (unless otherwise stated) or any other costs of a personal nature not stated all of which are the sole responsibility of the winner.
18. By entering into this prize draw, the winners will be required to report on his/her experiences whilst in South Australia via updates and content uploads to the pre-existing social media platforms (Facebook page, Twitter, YouTube etc.). The winner will receive no payment for this and assigns all rights to the content, including without limitation all intellectual property rights, to Barmy Army and partners.
19. The winner is required to participate in all activities included in the itinerary.
20. The winner agrees to take part, without payment, in any publicity required by the Promoter or resulting from this promotion, during the trip period.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
22. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the promotion.
23. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
24. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
25. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
26. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
31. The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.